Sunday, November 21, 2010

1-month birthday

Hi everyone! Rayla and Payton turned one-month old this past Friday. They are doing fantastic! They are clearly growing (doctor's appt on Tuesday will confirm how much they weigh now) and we've started a new routine that seems to be working for the most part. During the day, we feed them every 3-4 hours and they get in their Vitamin D, tummy time, changing, naps, and the best part of all.. cuddles. then from 8p-12a Alyssa takes care of both of them while I sleep. And from 12a-5a I take care of both of them while Alyssa sleeps. Our nighttime routine is feeling good too where we have them propped up on their rigged boppies (so they don't slip down or have the ability to get their mouths and noses stuck on the sides) and we change one and feed one (bottle propped up with the help of swaddle blankets) then do the same for the other baby. Once the first bottle is finished, we burp them and put them back to sleep, and then do the same for the other. This has been working out really well and actually allows us to get at least an hour of sleeping in between feedings.
Even though our girls are still small, you would never be able to tell they were born a little early. They are both able to move their heads on their own, they can almost roll over by themselves, and yesterday they grabbed, pulled at, and played with a multi-colored ball. They also began latching much better, which makes life easier for us all.
I have been doing fairly well too. My incision infection is slowly healing, but it is doing so much better now. I'm hoping my last doctor's appointment will be this Tuesday when he says everything looks great and that I am officially discharged. Great news is that I'm almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight and I can't wait to get the green light to start exercising.
Alyssa went back to work and that has been a difficult transition for all of us. We miss her and try to send her tons of pictures and love. But we love when she gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment