Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1 more day to 35 weeks!

We went for our NST today and the babies were a little sleepy, so they were slow to move around. But eventually they got going and they were "perfectly reactive". I am now measuring at 45 weeks!!! Yes, that would be 5 weeks post a full-term singleton baby! And my body is beginning to feel the effects. I've gained 35 lbs exactly (1lb within the last 5 days). Last week I was not quite ready to share these little ones with the rest of the world (selfishly, I love to feel them move and kick, and I know exactly where they are at all times)... but now, I'm beginning to understand when women say they are just ready... It's almost that time!
I asked the doctor about the scheduled C-Section date.. which would out us at 39 weeks (almost unheard of in the twin world) and he did say that was a bit late, but that was the only time in the near future he knew he was covering the hospital and could actually schedule it. He doesn't think we will last that long. I have his on-call schedule (and would really prefer he be the doctor who delivers these babies), so let's hope for labor and delivery on the 12th :)
Next appt is Friday for an NST and to check their fluid levels.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome guys. I'm sooooo excited for you both! BTW, this is Julie Luna!!!

    ReplyDelete