Friday, September 17, 2010

Non-Stress Test (NST)

We had our first NST this morning. They hook two monitors up to measure the babies' heartbeats (just like when you are in the delivery room) and then a third one to measure any contractions I might have (the nurse thought she was funny when I asked what the third monitor was for and she told me it for our 3rd baby).
We spent about 20 minutes hooked up and both babies cooperated perfectly. Their heartbeats were perfect (they look for increased activity when the babies move and decreased rates when the babies are inactive). I got a lollipop and some water while I sat in the comfiest of chairs. I had two contractions, but I didn't feel either of them. They said contractions at this stage are normal and to be expected.
We go in every week now for the NST but we still have at least one more big day with a growth ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment